1 whole potato(es) – medium (6 oz)
1/2 cup(s) beans – green (fresh)
3 oz tuna (packed in water)
1/4 cup(s) parsley
1/4 whole onion(s) – medium
8 whole olives – large
1 whole egg(s)
1/2 whole tomato(es) – medium
3 cup(s) lettuce – Romaine
1 tbsp(s) capers
1 tsp(s) salt and pepper
to taste vinegar – balsamic
1. In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Peel potato and cut into 1-inch pieces. Place potatoes in pot and cover. Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 10 minutes or until tender but still firm. Drain and cool.
2. Place a steamer insert in a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Cover and bring water to a boil. Place green beans in steamer insert and cover. Steam for about 3 minutes or until tender.
3. Drain tuna, mince parsley, and slice desired amount of onion into thin slices. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, green beans, tuna, parsley, onion slices and olives. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
4. Place egg in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and remove from heat immediately. Cover saucepan and leave egg in hot water for 10 minutes. Remove egg from saucepan and let cool. Peel shell off and slice hard-boiled egg.
5. Place tuna mixture atop Romaine lettuce and top with slices of hard-boiled egg and tomato.
6. Garnish with capers and parsley, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
1/4 whole = 1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 whole = 1/2 cup chopped tomato
Recipe Courtesy Of Jan Wilson, Owner/Operator, Curves Of Woodland Park.